New This Week: Every Week Should Be Drinking Water Week
GWW SPOTLIGHT: Rotary International hosted its International Service Summit this last weekend, with three members of the GlobalWaterWorks community, Prakasam Tata (India’s WWM and USKids4Water) Bernhard Groth (Haiti)and Peter Lattey (Los Angeles Rotary) sharing strategies to address water problems impacting more than 2 Billion people around the world.
CONNECT WITH SMART WATER INNOVATORS THIS THURSDAY, MAY 6:
In anticipation of the Smart Water Networks Forum meeting later this month, we’re focusing this week’s GlobalWaterWorks Connect on the smart water journey, tapping experts who are bringing hope to our utility leaders and helping them sleep well. These Connect sessions provide a means for members to meet each other and get answers to questions. Learn how innovating in partnership with utility operators is accelerating the digital transformation of our utilities. Please RSVP by clicking “I’m Going.”
SURVEY SHOWS WATER CONCERNS ON PAR WITH ECONOMY AND COVID: The US Water Alliance shared the findings of a 1000+ household survey on the perceptions of water’s value during last week’s WaterWeek. Of most interest was that ensuring a reliable supply of quality water was on par with strengthening the economy and eliminating COVID 19.
FIND YOUR WATER TRIBE! Groups within the GlobalWaterWorks community are demonstrating the value of community in supporting collaboration and progress. Stay apprised of opportunities and contribute to progress when you lend your knowledge to: The Water Tower, The Smart Water Networks Forum Digital Twin Working Groups, Next Generation or Water Efficiency groups.
THIS WEEK’S POLL AND DISCUSSION: Only 30 percent of utilities have adopted smart water. What is needed to accelerate adoption?
Training and education were noted as primary barriers, garnering an equal number of votes. Changing the price of water, to incentivize better stewardship, and instilling a stewardship mindset in all users were also recommended to help people see the wisdom of smart water management. Look for the poll every Tuesday!
- Training/Education – 38%
- Leadership – 38%
- Business Case – 15%
- Mandate – 7%
- Lack of Confidence in the Technology – 0%
SAVE THE DATE: Read on for Global Water Works Community Happenings – curated from around the globe.
- THE WATER EXPO ONLINE CONFERENCE – May 3 – 7
- WATER & WASTEWATER EQUIPMENT, TREATING AND TRANSPORT SHOW – May 3 – 6
- PRAYER MEETING – May 11
- RESIDUALS AND BIOSOLIDS – May 11 – 13
- OILFIELD WATER MARKETS 2021 CONFERENCE – May 12 – 13
- UNDERGROUND CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY CONFERENCE – May 17 – 20
- SWAN 2021 CONFERENCE – May 24 – 28
- PRAYER MEETING – May 25
- DIGITAL WORLD WATER CONFERENCE – May 24 – June 4
- INNOVATIONS IN PROCESS ENGINEERING VIRTUAL CONFERENCE 2021 – June 8 – 10
- BLED WATER FESTIVAL, SLOVENIA – June 11 – 12
- AWWA ACE CONFERENCE – June 13 – 16
- STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS H2O WORKSHOP – June 14 – 15
- SINGAPORE INTERNATIONAL WATER WEEK – June 21 – July 2
- SINGAPORE INTERNATIONAL WATER WEEK – June 20 – 24
- VIRTUAL STORMWATER SUMMIT – June 21 – 23
- NACWA 50TH ANNIVERSARY CONFERENCE & GALA – July 11 – 14
- UNDERGROUND CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY CONFERENCE – July 13 – 15
- MEMBRANE TECHNOLOGY CONFERENCE – July 19 – 22
- UTILITY MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE – August 3 – 6
- THE WATER EXPO – August 25 – 26
- EPA DRINKING WATER WORKSHOP – August 30 – September 2
- WATER INFRASTRUCTURE CONFERENCE – September 12 – 15
- WATER PRO CONFERENCE – September 13 – 16
- 2021 WATEREUSE CALIFORNIA ANNUAL CONFERENCE – September 19 – 21
- THE UTILITY EXPO – September 28 – 30
- WATER SMART INNOVATIONS – October 6 – 7
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS!
Congratulations to our new Ambassadors and welcome to our newest members:
Brian Sauder (Illinois), Bill Schleizer (Illinois), Billy Jivetti (New Mexico), Al Hos (Australia), Marian Hands (Canada), James O’Malley (Tennessee), Annyse Balkwill (Canada), Charles Holsopple (Florida), Bernhard Groth (Illinois), Peter Lattey (California), Ethan Baughey (Illinois)
ABOUT GlobalWaterWorks: Each week, we identify research, success stories, new technologies and water heroes to illustrate how global water works for the planet, people and prosperity.
Our mission is to connect drops of interest for waves of impact, and we invite you to collaborate and celebrate impactful water work in the community: https://www.globalwaterworks.org. You can also follow us on Twitter @GlobalWaterWork.SAVE THE DATE: Read on for Global Water Works Community Happenings – curated from around the globe. February 24 – 27. U.S. and India share knowledge and business opportunit