New This Week: Happy Earth Day, Mother Earth
GWW SPOTLIGHT: You may have already met Shannon Spurlock. She is the founder and CEO of Ochotona Consulting, and a regular facilitator of our collaboration sessions. Shannon has the unique ability to advance change with multi-stakeholder engagements, and she will lead this week’s “GWW Earth Day Office Hours” on Thursday, April 22. Shannon brings a rich background to the community, believing better results are achieved when we incorporate diverse viewpoints into sustainability efforts. She has championed several systems-based changes across the state of Colorado, most notably the Fresh Produce and Cottage Food Sales Home Occupation Ordinance, HB18-1093 Reclaimed Water Use For Edible Crops, and ultimately Colorado State Regulation 84 for Reclaimed Water.
EARTH DAY CELEBRATION: Meet water pros focused on reuse and zero waste in GWW Office Hours this Earth Day, Thursday, April 22, at 4 p.m.ET. Discover at least 4 new ways water solutions contribute to our earth’s circular economy.
TACKLING PLASTIC POLLUTION: Earth Day is also a great reason to tackle the 1M bottle/minute plastic pollution problem on our planet. Imagine if everyone replaced their soda machines with renewable water machines?
PATHWAYS TO RESILIENCE PART 3: Facility managers can better assess in-building water resilience by attending the third in the Scranton Gillette Resilience Webinar Series at 4 p.m. ET next Tuesday, April 27, 2020. Michelle Maddaus of Maddaus Water Management, and Edward J. Brady CEM, LEED GA, will discuss audits, best practices and technology innovations.
THIS WEEK’S POLL ASKED: What are the characteristics of a Water Hero? A recent GWW Office Hours suggested a water Hero should show compassion for people and respect for water, but those who responded to this week’s poll said:
- Compassion for water 28%
- Respect for water 0%
- Passionate about water 43%
- Experience in providing water solutions 14%
- Have had a life experience where quality water was scarce 14%
We welcome your thoughts on the survey or potential water heroes as we plan to introduce a Water Heroes Hall of Fame to support members’ learning by example.
SAVE THE DATE: Read on for Global Water Works Community Happenings – curated from around the globe.
- EARTH DAY CELEBRATION – April 22
- WEF ODORS AND AIR POLLUTANTS VIRTUAL EVENT 2021 – April 20 – 22
- WATER WEEK IN WASHINGTON, D.C. – April 25 – May 1
- PRAYER MEETING – April 27
- PATHWAYS TO RESILIENCE PART 3 – DIGITAL RESILIENCE FOR FACILITIES – April 27
- WWEMA WASHINGTON FORUM – April 27 – 29
- PFAS FORUM – April 28 – 30
- THE WATER EXPO ONLINE CONFERENCE – May 3 – 7
- WATER & WASTEWATER EQUIPMENT, TREATING AND TRANSPORT SHOW – May 3 – 6
- RESIDUALS AND BIOSOLIDS – May 11 – 13
- UNDERGROUND CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY CONFERENCE – May 17 – 20
- SWAN 2021 CONFERENCE – May 24 – 28
- INNOVATIONS IN PROCESS ENGINEERING VIRTUAL CONFERENCE 2021 – June 8 – 10
- BLED WATER FESTIVAL, SLOVENIA – June 11 – 12
- AWWA ACE CONFERENCE – June 13 – 16
- STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS H2O WORKSHOP – June 14 – 15
- SINGAPORE INTERNATIONAL WATER WEEK – June 21 – July 2
- SINGAPORE INTERNATIONAL WATER WEEK – June 20 – 24
- VIRTUAL STORMWATER SUMMIT – June 21 – 23
- NACWA 50TH ANNIVERSARY CONFERENCE & GALA – July 11 – 14
- MEMBRANE TECHNOLOGY CONFERENCE – July 19 – 22
- UTILITY MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE – August 3 – 6
- THE WATER EXPO – August 25 – 26
- EPA DRINKING WATER WORKSHOP – August 30 – September 2
- WATER INFRASTRUCTURE CONFERENCE – September 12 – 15
- WATER PRO CONFERENCE – September 13 – 16
- THE UTILITY EXPO – September 28 – 30
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS!
Congratulations to our new Ambassadors and welcome to our newest members:
Gautam Khanna (Colorado), Jorge Poma Deza (Peru), Don Lanham (Wisconsin), Ashley Blodgett (California), Solina Beringer (Montana), Julia Beck (Montana), Kyla Tengdin (Montana), Vanessa Roanhorse (New Mexico), George Roe (Washington), Elizabeth Thelen (Wisconsin), Donna Koechner (New Mexico), Greg Willson (New York), Rob Miller (Colorado), Deborah Deal (Colorado), Maria Kelson (Kansas), Pete Diffley (North Carolina), Bhavana Vineeth (Sweden)
ABOUT GlobalWaterWorks: Each week, we identify research, success stories, new technologies and water heroes to illustrate how global water works for the planet, people and prosperity.
Our mission is to connect drops of interest for waves of impact, and we invite you to collaborate and celebrate impactful water work in the community: https://www.globalwaterworks.org. You can also follow us on Twitter @GlobalWaterWork.SAVE THE DATE: Read on for Global Water Works Community Happenings – curated from around the globe. February 24 – 27. U.S. and India share knowledge and business opportunitie