New This Week: Investing in Water
Meet Gary Wong, Principal, Global Water Sector, AVEVA, which is now the world’s largest industrial software provider as a result of last month’s acquisition of OSI soft. Gary is chair of SWAN Americas and was a featured speaker with Graham Symmonds and Nicole Smith in Digital Pathways to Resilience (now available for on-demand viewing). Meet Gary at next month’s SWAN Conference, where he will be speaking in the Digital Twin Workshop.
THE NEXT HOT INVESTMENT IS WATER: In case you weren’t aware, we thought you would be pleased that the investment world is catching on to the opportunities in the water sector. At least, that’s what Wired Magazine thinks in this article that notes 15% returns for the top performing water fund.
DID YOU KNOW? The addition of the arts to traditional Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) training yields STEAM? Interestingly, the extra degree of temperature that changes water to STEAM enables us to power a locomotive. It’s a wonderful visual reminder of what can happen when we, too, add the arts to STEM activities, or exert that extra degree of effort.
GET SMART ABOUT WATER MARKETING at this week’s Office Hours – 4 pm ET Thursday, April 8. It’s time to shift from fishing to getting in the flow of water opportunities! Learn from seasoned sales leader Frank Slovenec how you can position your organization as a thought leader and net business intelligently.
THIS WEEK’S POLL ASKED: When was the last time you heard a serious presentation/discussion on water conservation in the media?
Very interesting results…Water is an ever-disappearing life-necessary natural resource and we are generally not hearing about it. (Clearly we have work to do!!!)
- Last few days: 25%
- The past week 0%
- In the last month 12%
- Not sure but a long time ago 62%
- Here in Arizona there are ongoing discussions in the press about the Colorado River
- I see comments on LinkedIn
- Where water is a known issue it seems to be discussed
- Conversation has shifted to water quality, such as you will see here in the Guardian.
SAVE THE DATE: Read on for Global Water Works Community Happenings – curated from around the globe.
- LEAD AND WATER QUALITY SUMMIT – April 7-8
- WATERNOW ALLIANCE ANNUAL SUMMIT – April 7-8
- PRAYER MEETING – April 13
- WEF ODORS AND AIR POLLUTANTS VIRTUAL EVENT 2021 – April 20
- WATER WEEK IN WASHINGTON, D.C. – April 25 – May 1
- WWEMA WASHINGTON FORUM – April 27 – 29
- PFAS FORUM – April 28 – 30
- THE WATER EXPO ONLINE CONFERENCE – May 3 – 7
- WATER & WASTEWATER EQUIPMENT, TREATING AND TRANSPORT SHOW – May 3 – 6
- RESIDUALS AND BIOSOLIDS – May 11 – 13
- UNDERGROUND CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY CONFERENCE – May 17 – 20
- SWAN 2021 CONFERENCE – May 24 – 28
- INNOVATIONS IN PROCESS ENGINEERING VIRTUAL CONFERENCE 2021 – June 8 – 10
- BLED WATER FESTIVAL, SLOVENIA – June 11 – 12
- AWWA ACE CONFERENCE – June 13 – 16
- STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS H2O WORKSHOP – June 14 – 15
- SINGAPORE INTERNATIONAL WATER WEEK – June 20 – 24
- VIRTUAL STORMWATER SUMMIT – June 21 – 23
- NACWA 50TH ANNIVERSARY CONFERENCE & GALA – July 11 – 14
- MEMBRANE TECHNOLOGY CONFERENCE – July 19 – 22
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS!
Congratulations to our new Ambassadors and welcome to our newest members:
ABOUT GlobalWaterWorks: Each week, we identify research, success stories, new technologies and water heroes to illustrate how global water works for the planet, people and prosperity.
Our mission is to connect drops of interest for waves of impact, and we invite you to collaborate and celebrate impactful water work in the community: https://www.globalwaterworks.org. You can also follow us on Twitter @GlobalWaterWork.SAVE THE DATE: Read on for Global Water Works Community Happenings – curated from around the globe. February 24 – 27. U.S. and India share knowledge and business opportunities