New This Week: Smart Water for Small Systems
GWW SPOTLIGHT: A number of GlobalWaterWorks members have achieved Bronze and Silver Ambassador levels in the last few months. THANK YOU GWW Ambassadors for helping us fulfill our vision to solve the Global Water Crisis in this generation by getting all connected to the experts, organizations and technologies that make water work. Silver and Gold members are invited to create a video or a group, and can tap the power of “+” to invite their favorite water peeps using the email within the community.
SMALL SYSTEMS CAN HAVE BIG IMPACT WITH SMART WATER: We had a lively conversation during last week’s GWW Connect session. Two of the industry’s most passionate and committed water technology innovators: Chris Sosnowski, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Waterly Softwater; and Greg Quist, Founder and Chief Visionary Officer of SmartCover discussed smart water options for smaller cities and addressing problems that keep water operators awake at night.
WHAT’S YOUR PLAN FOR BACKUP WATER? We’ve all seen water outages, boil notices or “do not use” orders caused by natural disasters, water breaks, contamination and other issues. Redundancy means resilient water systems, as WaterFleet notes in this update and link to emergency tools.
CAST YOUR VOTE ON THESE SOLUTIONS TO POLLUTION: The 2021 Solution Search contest focuses on solutions to reduce water pollution by changing behaviors. The contest received 100 submissions of solutions from 33 countries, which was narrowed to 10 finalists. Voting is open from May 3 to June 11.
- Developing a business case with measurable objectives – 31%
- Begin collection of data using sensors – 31%
- Review the current infrastructure – 26%
- Raise the price of water to the user – 5%
- Review the standards and codes – 5%
Comments included gathering data first for knowledge and understanding then informing the public; testing potential market incentives; and reviewing what existing infrastructure is available to determine what is needed.
SAVE THE DATE: Read on for Global Water Works Community Happenings – curated from around the globe.
- PRAYER MEETING – May 11
- RESIDUALS AND BIOSOLIDS – May 11 – 13
- OILFIELD WATER MARKETS 2021 CONFERENCE – May 12 – 13
- UNDERGROUND CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY CONFERENCE – May 17 – 20
- SWAN 2021 CONFERENCE – May 24 – 28
- PRAYER MEETING – May 25
- DIGITAL WORLD WATER CONFERENCE – May 24 – June 4
- INNOVATIONS IN PROCESS ENGINEERING VIRTUAL CONFERENCE 2021 – June 8 – 10
- BLED WATER FESTIVAL, SLOVENIA – June 11 – 12
- AWWA ACE CONFERENCE – June 13 – 16
- STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS H2O WORKSHOP – June 14 – 15
- SINGAPORE INTERNATIONAL WATER WEEK – June 21 – July 2
- SINGAPORE INTERNATIONAL WATER WEEK – June 20 – 24
- VIRTUAL STORMWATER SUMMIT – June 21 – 23
- NACWA 50TH ANNIVERSARY CONFERENCE & GALA – July 11 – 14
- UNDERGROUND CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY CONFERENCE – July 13 – 15
- MEMBRANE TECHNOLOGY CONFERENCE – July 19 – 22
- UTILITY MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE – August 3 – 6
- THE WATER EXPO – August 25 – 26
- EPA DRINKING WATER WORKSHOP – August 30 – September 2
- WATER INFRASTRUCTURE CONFERENCE – September 12 – 15
- WATER PRO CONFERENCE – September 13 – 16
- 2021 WATEREUSE CALIFORNIA ANNUAL CONFERENCE – September 19 – 21
- THE UTILITY EXPO – September 28 – 30
- WATER SMART INNOVATIONS – October 6 – 7
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS!
Congratulations to our new Ambassadors and welcome to our newest members:
Cynthia Camburn (Michigan), Nitin Maheshwari (Illinois), JIm Bolleter (Florida), JK Mummana (India), Shai Schechter (Israel), Sara Schwetschenau (Pennsylvania), Karina Kusdinar (Indonesia), Marissa Jablonski (Wisconsin), Marc Rico (California), Florie Mancel (Singapore), Harleen Kaur (India), Josey Finn (Florida), Eric Newman (California), Damon Sepe (Texas), Jordan Schaenzle (Michigan), Ashutosh Sharma (Pennsylvania), Eric Filter (Texas), David Leckner (Kansas), Jeremy Henning (Illinois), Neil Berman (Indiana), Armando Guizar (California)
ABOUT GlobalWaterWorks: Each week, we identify research, success stories, new technologies and water heroes to illustrate how global water works for the planet, people and prosperity.
Our mission is to connect drops of interest for waves of impact, and we invite you to collaborate and celebrate impactful water work in the community: https://www.globalwaterworks.org. You can also follow us on Twitter @GlobalWaterWork.SAVE THE DATE: Read on for Global Water Works Community Happenings – curated from around the globe. February 24 – 27. U.S. and India share knowledge and business opportunit