New This Week: Solving Wicked Water Problems
GWW SPOTLIGHT: Tina Mazzocchetti Wojnar is Program Manager of the Water and Wastewater Equipment Manufacturers Association, and happens to be hosting the 47th annual WWEMA Washington Forum April 27-29 as part of the Annual Water Week. Tina is a regular contributor and new ambassador. She has a wealth of knowledge on policy issues related to water and wastewater equipment.
PART III IN GLOBALWATERWORKS THREE-PART RESILIENCE SERIES will focus on buildings at 2 p.m. ET Tuesday, April 27. Continuing education credits apply as nationally recognized in-building water experts Michelle Maddaus and Edward Brady provide steps to assess and augment water resources to ensure operational continuity.
EARTH DAY OFFICE HOURS SHOWCASES REUSE SUCCESS STORIES: Shannon Spurlock led an engaging discussion on the circular economy with this past week’s office hours. “We’re able to put systems in place to reuse water and create new value from waste.” said Spurlock. GWW members Frank Brigano, Fernando Ramirez and Raj Rajaram contributed examples. Mark your calendar for May 6 Office Hours on Smart Water, which will be led by Chris Sosnowski.
WE HAD ANOTHER REASON TO CELEBRATE EARTH DAY: Bipin Pradeep Kumar provided another reason to toast progress on Earth Day. Chennai, India, has become the first city to reuse wastewater at scale. This incredible feat reminds us that necessity is the mother of invention or innovation. Just two years ago this prominent Indian city faced its day without water. Water had to be brought in on trains from a few hundred kilometres away. Now, with its two Tertiary Treatment Reverse Osmosis (TTRO) plants, Chennai can meet the non-drinking water needs of the city’s industries.
KNOW A WATERSHED THAT WANTS TO GET SMART?
Aquatic Informatics Ripple Effect Donation Program provides complimentary access to software and professional services to ensure healthy water systems and sustainable water use. Aquatic Informatics is offering a software grant to candidates who qualify.
- Recycle your rainwater 11%
- I cannot impact it 0%
- Meet with your local utility to get suggestions. 33%
- Talk to your neighbors about the benefits of water reuse 11%
- Install a GreyWater reuse system in your home 44%
Greywater reuse saves over 40% of water should be used in all homes. Most utilities have reuse and conservation tips. (Always think it is good to engage your local utility)
If countries and corporations would insist on the treatment and reuse of industrial waters, every community would feel the impact!
SAVE THE DATE: Read on for Global Water Works Community Happenings – curated from around the globe.
- WATER WEEK IN WASHINGTON, D.C. – April 25 – May 1
- PRAYER MEETING – April 27
- PATHWAYS TO RESILIENCE PART 3 – DIGITAL RESILIENCE FOR FACILITIES – April 27
- WWEMA WASHINGTON FORUM – April 27 – 29
- PFAS FORUM – April 28 – 30
- THE WATER EXPO ONLINE CONFERENCE – May 3 – 7
- WATER & WASTEWATER EQUIPMENT, TREATING AND TRANSPORT SHOW – May 3 – 6
- RESIDUALS AND BIOSOLIDS – May 11 – 13
- OILFIELD WATER MARKETS 2021 CONFERENCE – May 12 – 13
- UNDERGROUND CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY CONFERENCE – May 17 – 20
- SWAN 2021 CONFERENCE – May 24 – 28
- DIGITAL WORLD WATER CONFERENCE – May 24 – June 4
- INNOVATIONS IN PROCESS ENGINEERING VIRTUAL CONFERENCE 2021 – June 8 – 10
- BLED WATER FESTIVAL, SLOVENIA – June 11 – 12
- AWWA ACE CONFERENCE – June 13 – 16
- STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS H2O WORKSHOP – June 14 – 15
- SINGAPORE INTERNATIONAL WATER WEEK – June 21 – July 2
- SINGAPORE INTERNATIONAL WATER WEEK – June 20 – 24
- VIRTUAL STORMWATER SUMMIT – June 21 – 23
- NACWA 50TH ANNIVERSARY CONFERENCE & GALA – July 11 – 14
- UNDERGROUND CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY CONFERENCE – July 13 – 15
- MEMBRANE TECHNOLOGY CONFERENCE – July 19 – 22
- UTILITY MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE – August 3 – 6
- THE WATER EXPO – August 25 – 26
- EPA DRINKING WATER WORKSHOP – August 30 – September 2
- WATER INFRASTRUCTURE CONFERENCE – September 12 – 15
- WATER PRO CONFERENCE – September 13 – 16
- THE UTILITY EXPO – September 28 – 30
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS!
Congratulations to our new Ambassadors and welcome to our newest members:
John R Grizz Deal (Colorado), Eric Jensen (Virginia), Alex Watson (Florida), Arika Mullis (Indiana), Ronen Barkan (California), Aviva Menche (Israel), Keelan Lynch (Mississippi), Glyn Mitchell (Jersey), Udeme Etukeyen (Nigeria), Robert Sweeney (Washington), Rudolph Smith (Florida), John Bell (Canada), Peter Gross (Georgia), Gilad Yogev (Israel)
ABOUT GlobalWaterWorks: Each week, we identify research, success stories, new technologies and water heroes to illustrate how global water works for the planet, people and prosperity.
Our mission is to connect drops of interest for waves of impact, and we invite you to collaborate and celebrate impactful water work in the community: https://www.globalwaterworks.org. You can also follow us on Twitter @GlobalWaterWork.SAVE THE DATE: Read on for Global Water Works Community Happenings – curated from around the globe. February 24 – 27. U.S. and India share knowledge and business opportuniti