New This Week: World Water Day – An opportunity to showcase game-changers!
GWW SPOTLIGHT: Dr. Raj Rajaram started Midwest Engineers in Chicago in 1986. and founded Tetra Tech, an environmental management company, in India in 1997. Dr. Rajaram has contributed to more than 40 publications and has written four books. He also shares his video tips for technology transfer opportunities in the sector.
ON TAP THIS WORLD WATER DAY, MARCH 22: A steady flow of events is on tap, illuminating the value of water through experts, advocates, and the arts. Global Leaders kick off the day in Europe. We then focus on Great Lakes Water Leaders, Erin Brockovich and finally, the Think About Water Exhibit.
GLOBALWATERWORKS OFFICE HOURS STARTS MARCH 25, 2021: Have a Question or Challenge? GlobalWaterWorks is starting Office Hours at 3 p.m. Central Time this Thursday, March 25, 2021. Our featured guest, Karen Jedelle, will discuss $5.5B in funding available from institutional funders. Experts in finance, innovation and sales will be available to address questions and expand connections. Whether or not you can make it, we invite all to list your question or need in the Collaboration Bulletin Board, and we’ll do our best to address it when we convene via Zoom.
WATERTECH SHOWCASE EXPANDS: Looking for a solution to a water challenge? GlobalWaterWorks Technology Showcase is expanding, enabling you to view videos of transformational technologies, addressing conservation, leaks, pollution, scarcity and resilience. Contact Frank Slovenec if you have questions or ideas on the WaterTech Showcase.
Case Studies Drive Adoption! This week’s poll saw great participation and an overwhelming percent of respondents (66%) said case studies are the best means to drive adoption of water innovation! Other factors each secured 11% of the vote, and included demonstrations at innovation hubs, Webinars and articles. No one responded: “Let it go it is moving fast enough – 0%.”
MORE ON THE POLL…
Look for the poll every Tuesday. . . Let you voice be heard, as these voices shared!
- “Success stories of adoption of new technologies and how they improved the quality and availability of clean water and/or profitability will help a lot.” (You can llearn how to write a great case study by following the example provided by Drylet in the GlobalWaterWorks Water Marketing Group.
- “Persuade regulators to impose [much more demanding] targets on water companies. In the meantime, press on with everything on your poll list, and accept that the number of crisis situations like Cape Town will increase in severity and frequency.”
- “Would like to see more engagement at the local level.” (Easier with the GlobalWaterWorks member directory, which shows you who’s connected locally when you have ‘localization’ on.”
SAVE THE DATE: Read on for Global Water Works Community Happenings – curated from around the globe.
- 36TH ANNUAL WATEREUSE SYMPOSIUM – March 15 – 25
- WORLD WATER DAY – GREAT LAKES OPEN HOUSE – March 22
- THE VALUE OF WATER: A DISCUSSION BETWEEN PEOPLE, GOVT. & EXPERTS – March 22
- THINK ABOUT WATER – OPENING A VIRTUAL EXPOSITION – March 22
- WORLD WATER DAY: TALKING PFAS WITH ERIN BROKOVICH – March 22
- WEF COLLECTION SYSTEMS CONFERENCE – March 23 – 25
- WATERVENT – INVESTOR PITCH MEETING – March 25
- PATHWAYS TO DIGITAL RESILIENCE (PART 2) – March 30
- FLORIDA WATER ENVIRONMENT ASSOCIATION CONNECT – March 29 – 30
- LEAD AND WATER QUALITY SUMMIT – April 7-8
- WATERNOW ALLIANCE ANNUAL SUMMIT – April 7-8
- WATER WEEK IN WASHINGTON, D.C. – April 25 – May 1
- WWEMA WASHINGTON FORUM – April 27 – 29
- PFAS FORUM – April 28 – 30
- THE WATER EXPO ONLINE CONFERENCE – May 3 – 7
- WATER & WASTEWATER EQUIPMENT, TREATING AND TRANSPORT SHOW – May 3 – 6
- RESIDUALS AND BIOSOLIDS – May 11 – 13
- UNDERGROUND CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY CONFERENCE – May 17 – 20
- SWAN 2021 CONFERENCE – May 24 – 28
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS!
Congratulations to our new Ambassadors and welcome to our newest members:
Ernesto Gianella (Georgia), Peter Bentley (California), Jerry Strub (Illinois), Dave Shackleton (Pennsylvania), Angus Robinson (South Africa), Paul Findley (California), David Herman (Ivory Coast), Atul Duggal (India), Joe Manning (Washington), Gregory Stromberg (Wisconsin), Reva Bhardwaj (India)
ABOUT GlobalWaterWorks: Each week, we identify research, success stories, new technologies and water heroes to illustrate how global water works for the planet, people and prosperity.
Our mission is to connect drops of interest for waves of impact, and we invite you to collaborate and celebrate impactful water work in the community: https://www.globalwaterworks.org. You can also follow us on Twitter @GlobalWaterWork.SAVE THE DATE: Read on for Global Water Works Community Happenings – curated from around the globe. February 24 – 27. U.S. and India share knowledge and business opportunities