Time for a Groundwater Revolution
Each year, over 200 times more groundwater is extracted from the earth than oil.
According to the International Hydrogeologist’s Association, groundwater provides 50% of the water needed for irrigation and drinking water in the U.S. And, it provides as much as 99% of the water needed in land-locked countries and desert climates.
While groundwater is the most abundant source of fresh water on earth, it has been a relatively hidden and undefined resource – UNTIL NOW.
Learn how the vision of two tech-savvy Milwaukee entrepreneurs is becoming reality. Join the Global Water Works’ Webinar: “Time for a Groundwater Revolution,” 1 p.m. ET Tuesday, Aug. 2. You will meet Wellntel co-founder and CEO Marian Singer, and learn:
- How technology is providing real-time visibility to groundwater and helping to address our world’s #1 crisis: water scarcity
- Where property owners and municipalities can save money AND identify problems before they become emergencies
- How smart well monitoring will soon include an API – to work with other smart property or smart community dashboards, ensuring more informed, resilient and efficient operations.
Register to participate in the live program or to gain access to the on-demand recording. Twenty-five minutes of this 45-minute webinar will be dedicated to Q&A and discussion.
Additional groundwater intelligence is available from the following organizations:
- National Groundwater Association, http://www.ngwa.org/
- International Association of Hydrogeologists, https://iah.org/
- Maven’s Notebook (for California Groundwater), http://www.mavensnotebook.com/
- USGS Open Water Data Initiative, http://acwi.gov/spacial/owdi
Additional groundwater education is provided via NGWA’s Web site: http://www.ngwa.org/
Thanks for keeping the world apprised of smart water solutions that are helping to ensure global water works!